St. John’s members have supported an exciting Summer camp with Royal Family Kids
for twenty years. This week-long camp is designed for area foster kids to receive a little
extra compassion, care, laughter, and Summer fun. The camp is staffed by church
members as well as friends from the community. The overwhelming success of this off-
site camp away from home is demonstrated by the yearly return of many staff members
as well as continual affirmation from the kids over the years! Some former campers are
even returning in later years by becoming camp counselors.
Although COVID-19 restrictions continue to limit our normal camp activities, we are excited to be able to
host a local day camp this summer. Volunteers are needed to make this 3-day event a reality. We also
need donations of fun items to stuff into the birthday backpacks. Please see our gift registry below. If
you are interested in volunteering, please contact the church office at 805-983-0330 or email
Target gift registry 2021:
St. John’s continues to look forward to future full camps that are unhampered by a
pandemic and supported by its members both financially and most importantly with
caring volunteers who have a heart for kids.
Learn more from Royal Family KIDS website.
Royal Family KIDS Camp 2021 Royal Family KIDS Camp, our ministry to children in foster care, will take place June 24- 26 on our St. John’s campus. COVID19 precautions are top of mind, and most activities will take place outside. Because we will meet right here and it will be a day camp, it is a great opportunity for people to serve close to home. Please help us love on these kids and show them Jesus through this camp.
Here are some ways that you can help.
• Prayer support. Please pray for the campers, the volunteers, and for God’s guidance in preparing for camp.
• Volunteer for a day. Come and help with crafts and activities or the (surprise) birthday party on Saturday.
• Volunteer for the 3 days. We need craft helpers, woodworkers, song leaders, and other volunteers with a heart for kids.
• Supplies. Check our display board in the church narthex showing some of the supplies that we need. Look for information coming soon about our online wish lists (still in the works) for Target.com and Amazon.com.
• Your treasures. If you can support camp financially, we appreciate any monetary gift that you can make. (The camp is not part of the church budget and church offerings are not used to fund camp. Your donation of $250 sponsors lunch for all the campers for a day. Your donation of $75 buys camp t-shirts for 4 campers. Donations can be placed in the offering plate. Please make checks payable to St. John’s Lutheran and write RFKC on your check or offering envelope.
• If you have ANY questions, please contact Joyce Gregory at 805-208-6892.