Day Care Director
The Eagle Care Director is responsible for the supervision and administration of the school’s before and after school programs, as well as the supervision and administration of full day Holiday Camp during large portions of school vacations, not including Summer break.
Hours of operation include:
- 7:00 am - 8:10 am, 12:00 - 1:00 pm, and 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm during school days.
- 7:00 am - 6:00 pm weekdays during school vacations.
NOTE: The Director may work up to 24 hours within a week.
The Eagle Care Director will be directly accountable to the principal of the school and under the organizational authority of the Board for Parish Education.
- Supervise the hiring of Eagle Care workers.
- Coordinate all procedures for the efficient running of Eagle Care with the principal.
- Supervise the job performance of Eagle Care workers, as well as their relationship with staff, parents, and children.
- Provide for and supervise a homework room for students.
- Supervise snack time for children during after school care.
- Communicate with parents and teachers about students, as necessary, in a timely manner.
- Provide for and/or supervise clean-up of all rooms used by the Eagle Care.
- Provide for the supervision of all students in all areas of activity including the gym, patio room, lunch tables, library, and outside field/basketball courts.
- Provide for the practice of emergency drills as outlined by the principal.
- Provide first aid to students as needed, according to school policy.
- Correct all negative or inappropriate student behavior in a positive Christian way.
- Provide for kitchen clean-up after use.
- Manage the scheduling of Eagle Care workers.
- Inventory and order supplies within budget.
- Preplan for the needs of supplies.
- Order or purchase healthy food supplies needed for snack time.
- Prepare student sign-in-out sheets.
- Present student sign-in-out sheets to the office on a weekly basis.
- Prepare all rooms for daily crafts and activities.
- Develop crafts and activities for students that are engaging and creative.
- Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and creativity for the after school and Holiday Camp experiences.
- Develop a thematic Holiday Camp experience that is somewhat different from Eagle Care.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High School diploma and be 18 years or older.
- 2 or more years experience working with children ages 5-14, preferably in a day care or after school program.
- Evidence of good organizational and relationship skills.
- First Aid Certification.
- Christian profession of faith and active worship attendance in a Christian church.